AlphaStation 200 NVRAM Problem

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 6 17:07:37 CST 2016

I believe this reversion back to AlphaBios does indeed apply to the
AlphaStation 200 too. But in my case nothing appears on the monitor and
nothing appears on the serial port either, I just get some beeps and a LED
diagnostic code. It is possible that I have a cabling issue with the serial
port, but I did try a few combinations. If I know that I should expect
output on the serial port despite an NVRAM self-test failure then I could
investigate that further with my breakout box (don't have a protocol
analyser).

Regards

Rob