OK, one more question about sending email TO an old VAX

Guy Dawson guy at cuillin.org.uk
Tue Feb 23 14:15:34 CST 2016

A quick surf and I see that MultiNet is a TCP/IP and associated utilities
stack for VAX/VMS.

So, I assume your VAX has TCP/IP connectivity to a bigger network  (
vintagecomputer.net) and you can ping to and from the VAX.

Is an SMTP server running on the VAX? If so, from the bigger network can
you telnet to port 25 of the VAX? You should be talking to the SMTP server
and then basically, yes, you can email
system at microvax3100.vintagecomputer.net.

The SMTP server might need some configuration to map SMTP email addresses
to VAX user accounts.

--
4.4 > 5.4