The AT&T 3B2 is still proprietary

Seth Morabito lists at loomcom.com
Mon Feb 22 14:04:45 CST 2016

Here's an interesting tid-bit.

I just got off the phone with the AT&T corporate archives, where I had
hoped to find schematics and internals documentation for the AT&T 3B2.
They do have it, but unfortunately they will not give access to any
of it because they still consider the 3B2 to be proprietary
information.

I'm disappointed, obviously, but not all that surprised. 25 years is
not a long time for a company like AT&T, and I understand the 5ESS
system still runs a 3B20 emualtor. They may even still have support
contracts for 3B2 installations, I'm not sure.

Anyway, all that aside, will soon have access to a couple of 3B2/310s,
so I hope to continue reverse engineering the hardware directly.

-Seth
--
Seth Morabito
web at loomcom.com