MEM11 update

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Mon Feb 8 15:45:30 CST 2016

> On Feb 8, 2016, at 1:29 PM, Ethan Dicks <ethan.dicks at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 4:13 PM, Guy Sotomayor <ggs at shiresoft.com> wrote:
>> Anything optional will be in sockets.  I’ll be putting the UNIBUS transceivers
>> in sockets because I can’t afford the overage that I’d need to provide to the
>> board house for assembly.
>
> I'm starting to get sorry I sold off my surplus NS8641s from Software Results
> 20 years ago.  To be fair, I did get over $4 each for them, so at the
> time, it was
> a good deal for me (ISTR retail was $7.50 even then, so I got a good spread
> on the price).
>
> I do have some left, but handfuls, not armloads.

Yea, I have enough of the various parts for ~25 boards.  I *think* I may have
more in the “basement” of my shop but I won’t know until I start to unpack it.

I’ll eventually have to come up with some sort of alternative (not pin compatible)
but that’s OK since one of the things that sucks up the board space is the 5v to
3.3v level translation (and going to/from tri-state, etc, etc).

TTFN - Guy