MEM11 update

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Mon Feb 8 14:30:03 CST 2016

On 2/8/16 11:53 AM, Al Kossow wrote:

> On 2/8/16 10:09 AM, Guy Sotomayor wrote:
>> So, things are moving forward.  I also wanted to get folk's opinion
>> on the need to actually produce
>> an SBC form factor board.  In other words (and sort of in line with
>> how peripherals were done on the
>> original 11/20) is it OK to have the MEM11 be outside of the 11/20
>> chassis and connect via BC11A
>> (my replica) cables?
>>

> main problem would be now you'll have to come up with a box and a
> power supply
As Ian stated in a subsequent post, it'll probably be something like a
1U box with appropriate power
supply.  When I get to the point of doing serious board layout, then
I'll start looking at board outlines
(with appropriate mounting holes and power supply connectors) that would
fit in a reasonable
enclosure.

I'm hoping that my "prototype" will be sufficient where I don't need to
re-layout the board for
production.  There may be extra pads for stuff (various test
connectors/test points) that won't
be stuffed for production...but that's all a bit down the road.

> I assume you meant SPC (quad unibus) and not SBC

Yes, typo!  :-(

TTFN  - Guy