Transporting an LGP-30

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Wed Dec 28 17:16:51 CST 2016

On 12/28/2016 8:38 AM, Cory Heisterkamp wrote:
> <snip>
> Guys, thanks for all the feedback. A challenge? Absolutely. But this is likely as close as I'll ever come to having a first generation machine, something unfathomable to me as a kid.
>
> Apologies for the radio-silence, we've put 1200+ miles under our belts since Monday morning. Today we cross into Alberta. Will keep you all posted on how it goes.
>
> Thanks,
> Cory
While you are where you can do it, if you are transporting it back, make
sure that all parts have the Made in USA clearly located for US
customs.  I encountered some blockheads when I crossed over carrying
some material from Canada a few times.  Only was able to trump the
nonsense when one of them found a hard to read "Made in USA" that my
partner had stuck in the etch on a lark.

Hangup was all the foreign content IC's with "Made in <far east>".
Though less of a problem with older equipment, it might be a problem.
thanks
Jim