DEC banner panel

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 06:49:54 CST 2016

On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 2:25 PM, paisley at erols.com <paisley at erols.com> wrote:

>> I wonder if a sign shop over here could make one from the artwork. It
>> would be worth
>> asking, although I guess it would be one some kind of plastic
>> substrate not the original
>> aluminium.
>
> They did it for me in plastic. It was the same thickness as the aluminum. As others have

Does anyonre know what the thickess is? I do not want to try to prise
(pry) the aluminium
panel out of one of my PDP11 header panels and put a micrometer on it.

> said, the aluminum is extremely hard to remove from the header. Once it is in the header,
> you can't tell if it is plastic or aluminum.

I am sure it would be a lot better than a blank panel, and if I ever
get the right aluminium one,
I could always replace it.

This, of course, is not urgent. I can get the complete system
assembled, debugged, etc. I can
have a blank header for the moment. And if/when I get the banner it's
only 2 screws to take the
header panel down to fit it. And I have other jobs to do...

What I mean by that is that if there is going to be an order for
aluminium ones at a sensible
price then I will hold out for one of those. If they turn out to be
too expensive, then I will see
about a plastic one.

-tony