DEC banner panel

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Tue Dec 27 00:11:13 CST 2016

I just sent  Rod and Tony  8M metal sign Hi Res   check  your bad mail
folder
my AOL ends up there  often

Rod cam change  my 8m scan to say 8E  or 8 whatever!

so funny... I found this behind a console radio  today -  I had  not seen
it  in over 20 years
It used to be on  one of my H-960s that had PDP-8  in it..  fortune it
would tun up on a day with some one in need.

Ed# _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org)

In a message dated 12/26/2016 10:56:04 P.M. US Mountain Standard Tim,
paisley at erols.com writes:

>  Thanks for the offer. But as yet I don't have a picture. I don't even

> know that the banner existed.
> All I've seen (and got)  are the PDP11 ones. I _assume_ there was one
> for PDP8 systems, but
> assumptions can be dangerous.

Hi Tony. Are you talking about  the banner for the main system? Or the
second rack?

The PDP/8e one  looks like this:

http://www.employees.org/~kirk/images/pdp8e.jpg

A few years ago I had an insert printed out at a local Fast Signs  store. I
scanned an original that was beat up and created some artwork for the
PDP-8e, PDP-11, and a DECSystem10 one (The first 2 were made from actual H960
rack banners. The last one was a whimsical one I created for fun.) I am not
at  home right now, but I can look to see if I can dig up the art work. I
don't  have one online of my PDP-8e one, but here are the other ones:

http://www.willys-overland.com/rack/100_3452.jpg
http://www.willys-overland.com/rack/100_3456.jpg

Todd Paisley