DEC banner panel

Guy Sotomayor Jr ggs at shiresoft.com
Mon Dec 26 14:55:34 CST 2016

> On Dec 26, 2016, at 10:54 AM, Tony Duell <ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am starting to fill a spare H960 with my PDP8/e system. Starting as
> in cleaning
> up the rack, sorting out the power controller, etc....
>
> This is a somewhat odd question for me as I don't normally care about
> such things,
> but I might as well try to get it right...
>
> Anyway, I have one of those plastic banner panels for the top front of
> the rack. It's
> missing the insert (just the black plastic part), but I would guess
> (based on what I
> know of the history of the rack) it would have been the magenta one for PDP11s.
>
> Was there a yellow/brown one for PDP8 systems?

Yes, I have one sitting on my PDP-8/e system.  Just like the PDP-11
panels, they’re “printed” on an aluminum sheet that’s glued into the
plastic header panel.  I haven’t found it easy to remove them from
the plastic header panel without bending the aluminum so it’ll probably
be difficult to get a reasonable scan but others may have better luck
at removing them than I have had.

> If so, is a scan available anywhere?
>
> Is there any way I can get it printed (and onto what) in the UK? I don't have a
> large enough printer to do this.

I would imagine that the best way to do this would be to have the
image silk screened onto the appropriate material and then insert
that into the header panel.

TTFN - Guy