Rack-mounting a TU56

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 12:35:07 CST 2016

I have been given an H960 rack :-). I intend to use it for my PDP8/e system
(currently piled up, not connected), which consists of the :

PDP8/e processor, Full of cards, memory extension, EAE, 32KW core, boot
diode matrix ROM, RK8e, RD8e, RX8e, PC8e, etc.

PC04 paper tape punch/reader (acutally, I converted a PC05, but that doesn't
matter here)

RK05 (well, there's an RK8e in the backplane and I have a spare RK05 so
I might as well use it)

RX01

TU56 (single drive version, ths is not a TU55 as some have suggested!).

Various PSUs and step-down transformer for the TU56 and PC04

I think I have the right slide rails for the first 4 units too...

Anyway, does anyone have experience of rack-mounting a TU56? It clearly
doesn't go on slide rails, it bolts directly to the rack (hinge down the front
panel for access). I have the manuals from Bitsavers, they imply there is some
kind of spacer block that goes under the TU56. Does anyone know what that
is exactly so  I can attempt to make one if it is needed.

-tony