SGI Indigo Update

ethan at 757.org ethan at 757.org
Sun Dec 11 22:52:43 CST 2016

I started updating my blog with (hopefully useful) information.

I did a write up on the SGI Indigo so far and will update it with future
findings. It's at http://ethan.757.org/?p=32

I made a list of all the tantulum SMD capacitors of the style of the one
that fried. I think I figured out digikey part numbers for most (And
published the sizes I measured of the caps.)

If the cap that fried belongs to the audio section, I was thinking maybe
those components use negative PSU voltages (op-amps, DACs) so maybe the
PSU is doing something funky. Finding a pinout for the Indigo PSU might
take a little bit of work -- but since I have mine apart I should be able
to document some of it.

So many projects!

--
Ethan O'Toole