Searching for a lost Macintosh TV (Texas)

Tothwolf tothwolf at concentric.net
Mon Dec 5 23:03:05 CST 2016

On Mon, 5 Dec 2016, Ian Finder wrote:

> Props for for having a good sense of humor. It made me laugh.
>
> Seriously though I hate to say it but your quest feels pretty damn
> futile.
>
> I wish you luck either way, and would offer you my MacTV but it is long
> gone.
>
> If you can provide names of unique files or something that was on the
> drive- identifiable but not sensitive- it might help you. Like I said,
> there's nothing to key off of in your original post.
>
> I've hunted far rarer specific systems- smbx machines and the like that
> went missing from universities with good inventory control only one or
> two years ago- and had zero luck.
>
> Also do try Low End Mac and 68kmla, this is more relevant to those
> audiences.

I'm not really looking to find a MacTV for myself, I have other Macs in
storage which are much more useful machines. Its a novel machine, sure,
but just not terribly useful.

I do have very detailed information of what was on the computer (I have
that full system backup from May 24, 1998), but I do not want to post any
of that publicly.

Given how few Macintosh TVs still exist, with the timeframe I mentioned in
my initial post (I was told late 2010), if a MacTV sold in that part of
Texas to a collector, the chance it might be that very computer is
certainly greater than zero. The odds are certainly much better than they
would be for a much more common Mac or random PC.

Of course even if it did turn up, the hard drive or files might be long
gone. If I didn't at least post something about it though, the chance it
might turn up with an intact hard drive would be zero ;)