DEC Pro 350/380 Memory Cards - Interchangeability?

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Mon Aug 29 19:20:42 CDT 2016

> On Aug 29, 2016, at 6:27 PM, Rob Jarratt <robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Thanks, I see that now. Definitely no compatibility :-(. Just need that
> logic analyser really to work out what is the matter with them both. When
> the 380 doesn't have the daughter board installed it leaves all the LEDs on
> to indicate a system board error. The 350 has the same symptoms with or
> without the memory boards. Strange though that the manual mentions a
> standard option with memory on the backplane, I don't think my 350 had that
> installed. I also notice that the printer port can give access to ODT, I
> will see if I can get anything out of that later.

The printer port is either a 4800 baud port intented to drive the printer, or a 9600 baud at the standard console UART address.  Which it is depends on the connected cable; BCC05 is for printer, BCC08 is for console.  Or you can wire your own.  The difference is that one (the BCC08, I think) has a jumper which tells the hardware to be a console.

	paul