SWTPC GT-6144

Brad H vintagecomputer at bettercomputing.net
Fri Aug 19 10:56:40 CDT 2016

Just posting this here in case it reaches different eyes than the forums.  I had an epiphany yesterday and realized someone on ebay had a GT-6144 as part of an overpriced auction for a Digital Group system.  They actually agreed to separate it and I will have it in my hands within a couple of weeks.  I was wondering how rare these are?  SWTPC stuff seems to be pretty scarce on ebay generally.
I'm wondering if any of you have ever used one of these, esp. in conjunction with a SWTPC system?  Wondering how much grief I have to get into to hook one up and get it working.  I know they require their own power supply.. I'm thinking I can use the spare P-97 I have or a spare 6800 PS.  But I'm leery of modding my original CT1024 heavily.  Might be time to build up my third one.
Getting pretty close to having this 6800 all kitted out.. just need the PR40 and AC30 and we are there I think. :)

Sent from my Samsung device