Microvax II hardware not recognized

Adrian Graham witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk
Thu Aug 18 16:12:30 CDT 2016

On 18/08/2016 04:37, "Douglas Taylor" <dj.taylor4 at comcast.net> wrote:

> I've brought up a MicroVax II and installed VMS 5.5-2 on a SCSI2SD disk
> and it is fun to work with.  (I also installed openvms 7.2 without much
> drama)
>
> The problem I am having is that is has a TK50 tape drive and controller,
> but it never has shown up in the device list.  I even swapped in a
> different controller.

What type of cab? BA23 or BA123 'world box'? In the BA123 the left 4 slots
from the left are CD interconnect, in a BA23 just the left 2. CD
interconnect means you can put a half-height card in the 'top' of slots 1-4
(or 1-2) and not need anything in the bottom. Which slot are you putting the
TQK50 in?

--
Adrian/Witchy
Binary Dinosaurs creator/curator