VAX file format conversion

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Tue Aug 16 09:36:45 CDT 2016

> $@hobbyist-use-only-va.txt
> %RMS-W-RTB 512 bye record to large for user buffer

The little grey cells holding this info are rather dusty, but they're
telling me that back when I used VMS (early '80s) CONVERT/FDL was the
appropriate tool to deal with issues like this.

It took some noodling around the HELP pages and some experiments, but I
eventually got the file I was dealing with converted.  You might want
to throw ANALYZE/FDL at the file first to see how it really is set up.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org