Intel SDK-85 monitor ROM

Chris Elmquist chrise at pobox.com
Sat Aug 13 12:10:50 CDT 2016

On Saturday (08/13/2016 at 09:59AM -0700), Glen Slick wrote:
> I sent him a private email with a binary dump of the 8355 from my SDK-85.
>
> It shouldn't be hard to find an Intel 8755 EPROM version of the 8355
> ROM version. Then you just need to find someone to program it if you
> can't program it yourself. I can program 8755 parts, but postage to
> Australia might not be cheap.

And I did same.  So, he's potentially got two versions ;-)

I did fix mine with an 8755.   The failure mode of the 8355 was
intermittent.  I was able to keep it running by pressing on it and
hitting it with freeze spray.  I kept it alive long enough to run a
little dump routine which sent the ROM contents out the serial port
where I captured it.

I then turned this into Intel hex and used that to program a new 8755
which replaced the 8355.

Chris

--
Chris Elmquist