Tape imaging

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Fri Aug 12 03:11:50 CDT 2016

yep think  31 is  right.
have  RCA tr-5  quad unit  looking  for more quad recorders  always can
swap some computer  stuff!

Anyway the fellow I  get the tr-5  from... he   alsoscrapped a tr-4 and I
have   bies of parts  when I can access  the  parts  will check  for motors!
ed#

In a message dated 8/11/2016 10:58:56 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
cclist at sydex.com writes:

On  08/11/2016 10:07 PM, couryhouse wrote:

> Chuck we have  tape.... we also have one of the 30 something track
> heads at  smecc..... I guess  won would have to build  the   motorized
> wingaxas... to pull the tape. ... the electronics can be  recreated...
> We figure the head is the hard part..... ha!  and a  empty take up
> reel! Anyone habe one?Ed www.smecc.org

31 tracks  if I read the manual right.  The tape itself is a mylar
sandwich, so  it should be plenty durable.  Reel motors should be no
great  deal--maybe you could scavenge them from an old Ampex  Quadruplex
VTR...

--Chuck