Spam [was Re: still looking for that stuff?]

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Wed Aug 10 19:57:39 CDT 2016

> Spam will not stop until the last spammer is dead.

Actually, it's really simple to stop spam.  Simple, not easy.

You just need to delegate responsibility along with authority when
handing out netblocks, registering domain names, and the like.

Today, this is being done in theory but not in practice, and I ascribe
the worst of today's net's ills to the responsibility/authority
mismatch.  But, of course, it can't work without the will to enforce it
at the top of the pyramid, and I see no sign of any there now.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org