dfitoimd: decoding Intel M2FM floppy flux images (was Re: Intel 432 floppy flux images for decoding)

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Aug 9 00:06:11 CDT 2016

On 08/08/2016 07:31 PM, Eric Smith wrote:

> I'm seeing more errors on low numbered tracks, so I really think I
> just need a better data separator algorithm.

That's surprising--low-numbered tracks should be the easiest to read.

At the expense of sounding like a complete idiot, have you checked the
alignment of the drive?   It's not uncommon to get a batch of disks
written with alignment slightly off (blame whomever you  want).  I keep
an "unaligned" drive around to tweak when I run into those cases.

--Chuck