MicroVax II (Doug)

Douglas Taylor dj.taylor4 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 1 21:50:44 CDT 2016

On 8/1/2016 11:26 AM, John H. Reinhardt wrote:
> On 7/31/2016 10:38 PM, Douglas Taylor wrote:
>>
>> That sounds good.  BTW, where do I go to get the VMS hobbyist license
>> PAKS and downloads?  I'm running into dead links.
>>
>> Doug
>
> Things recently (last few months) changed and the OpenVMS Hobbyist
> licenses are now handled by the HPE office in India.  The URL for the
> application is <https://www.hpe.com/h41268/live/index_e.aspx?qid=24548>
>
> When you choose a chapter for "Participating Chapter" choose
> "DECUSERVE" if you don't belong to one.  Then telnet (no SSH) to
> eisner.decuserve.com where you will get a login page and choose the
> "REGISTRATION" option. This will get you a DECUS member number that
> you can supply for the hobbyist license. Once you are logged into the
> system you can find your membership number by typing the command
> "HOBBYIST"
>
> Once you get your reply from HPE then you can also reply to that email
> and ask for the FTP credentials to download a VMS 7.3 VAX install disk
> image or Alpha or IA64 for that matter - just ask for all that you want.
>
> Remember that when you apply it is going to India so plan for the
> timezone and weekend change accordingly.
>

> John H. Reinhardt

Thanks, I telneted into eisner and used my DECUS number from 2002.  I
entered that in the www.hpe.com webpage, and am waiting for a response.

Back in 2002 I got the VMS 7.2 media, PAKS and layered products, but a
lot has changed since then.  I can't find my media, but maybe I don't
need it.

At this point I am awaiting the SCSI2SD adapter to use in the MVII.  I
also have a MV 4000/400 I need to get current license PAKS for.

Doug