File systems expert for a news article (urgent)

Evan Koblentz cctalk at snarc.net
Fri Apr 29 14:35:09 CDT 2016

>> Anyone here on cctalk consider themselves a file systems expert and have
>> the credentials or job title to vouch for it? If so, then I need to
>> interview you ASAP today (in the next hour-ish) for a TechRepublic.com
>> article. Contact me offline: news at snarc.net.
>>
>> Not going to discuss the story itself here in public.
>>

> Can you be a little more specific?  File systems is quite broad

One of the hard disk standards bodies is working on a new feature (which
I'm not going to post here) that would require changes to file systems,
otherwise the new feature is academic and useless in the real world. So
I am looking for someone with FS chops to comment on whether the changes
can reasonably happen. Cannot say more except in private.