OT: LED lighting configuration...

Bill Sudbrink wh.sudbrink at verizon.net
Fri Apr 29 14:32:52 CDT 2016

Sorry for the OT post but I'm pretty sure someone here
will know how this stuff works...

An office near me was recently demolished/remodeled.
It had retrofitted LED lighting in fluorescent fixtures.
The remodelers were smart enough to save the "bulbs" but
not smart enough to save the "ballasts" (DC power
supplies).  Once they figured out that they couldn't
easily use them, they gave a bunch to me.  I'd like to
use them but I'm having a little trouble figuring out
how.  The "bulbs" are labeled:

15F18120-45 15 watt 36vdc constant current

I'd like to put four in a fixture and I'm trying to
understand what kind of driver I need and how to wire
it.  I was thinking of using a Mean Well LPF-60D-36
like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mean-Well-LPF-60D-36-AC-DC-POWER-SUPPLY-Dimmable-LED
-DRIVER-36V-60W-CLASS2-/161857068172?hash=item25af6edc8c:g:9hQAAOSwA4dWHVn5

and wiring the "bulbs" in parallel to it.  But after
realizing that I'm not completely sure what a "constant
current" power supply does and doing a little "googling"
I don't know if that's the right approach.

Any help greatly appreciated,
Bill S.