Rolm Computers: 1602, 1602A, 1602B, 1666, MSExx (was Data General Nova Star Trek)

Erik Baigar erik at baigar.de
Fri Apr 29 03:06:37 CDT 2016

Many thanks for the explanations, so your SCBX is bigger than
I thought ;-)  You hobby of collecting phones and having the
SCBX perfectly match and keep us up to date if you receive
the first call from an external paricipant.  ;-)

> while designing a media gateway to sit on the ROLMbus would
> be a heck of a project ;)

All the modern single board computers (Rhaspberry, Arduino)
have got plenty of computational power, so after having solved
the voltage-level conversion problem almoust any of the
modern "toys" should be able to handle the interfacing in
software I guess.

After your hint, I found this pretty cool video on YouTube
giving an nicely illustrated decription on how the CBX
works:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8J6CGI6HA0

Quite clever design...

    Best regards and good luck with your SCBX,

       Erik.