Rolm Computers: 1602, 1602A, 1602B, 1666, MSExx (was Data General Nova Star Trek)

Erik Baigar erik at baigar.de
Thu Apr 28 00:12:11 CDT 2016

On Wed, 27 Apr 2016, Bob Rosenbloom wrote:

> I have my Rolm 1603 working. No peripherals hooked to it, but you can toggle
> in stuff from the front panel.
> http://dvq.com/oldcomp/photos2/1k/rolm1603_f.jpg

Very cool, Bob - we have been in touch seom years ago and
great, that your machine is still alive! Many thanks for the
picture and two questions out of curiosity:

(1) The panel is mounted on the rear side (where memory is) of
     the processor. Is it wired and powered internally or do
     you have to connect the panel to the plugs of the
     processor externally?
(2) The 1603 uses the same 5605 processor "sandwich" also
     used by the 1602B and not the 9PCBs of the earlier 1602s?

Keep up taking care of your Rolm, its a very nice and rare
machine...

     Erik.