Data General Nova Star Trek (Rockwell Collins vs. Vaisala SPT11A)

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 12:14:07 CDT 2016

On Tue, 26 Apr 2016, Jon Elson wrote:
> Erik is not the only one.  Check out Tatiana van Vark.

Excellent!  I've actually wondered who in the world might do something like
this.  Now I know.  Like I said, what a cool hobby.

> Here's a picture of what is in her DINING ROOM, the complete electronics
> suite from a Vulcan bomber!

That is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.  I can identify perhaps
*one* of those devices.  I'm guessing the little round CRT is for radar.
That's it!  Somewhere, someday, some flight sim zealot is going to break
down in tears of joy and jealousy when they see that setup.

> There's also a video of her picking up a Litton inertial measuring unit
> and moving it around, there's 3 racks of gear to support it.

As in 3 EIA/TIA racks fulla computer kit ?  Daaaaamn son.  That's what you
call a passion for your hobby.  Hopefully, being female she has less
problems with her SO freaking out, but who knows, perhaps she married an OCD
butler.  It's tough to escape the laws of the universe sometimes.  :-)

-Swift