strangest systems I've sent email from

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Mon Apr 25 11:39:52 CDT 2016

On 04/25/2016 09:38 AM, Liam Proven wrote:
> Oberon "not commercially viable"? That's a remarkably
> foolish, short-sighted and ignorant thing to say. Oberon
> is what Pascal grew up into, and I think a million-odd
> Delphi programmers would have very strong words with you
> that the Pascal family isn't commercially viable. And you
> do know what Apple MacOS was originally written in, don't
> you? I wrote about Oberon myself recently:
Since FPC (Free Pascal Compiler) has been developed on
Linux, maybe Pascal could have a resurgence.
I used it to port a couple of my programs from (Ughhh!)
Borland Turbo Pascal for Windows to Linux, and it was a
surprisingly painless job.  The only thing I notice is the
error messages look exactly like Borland error messages on
DOS.  (Error 132 at 1B7F sort of thing.)

Jon