strangest systems I've sent email from

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 11:57:34 CDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 7:24 AM, Rod Smallwood
<rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Extreme  Mailing
>
> What is the most unusual place you have sent mail from?

Lake Hoare, Dry Valleys, Antarctica, November, 1995, after I installed
a Ritron "radio phone" and a dialup modem at the Field Camp...

http://penguincentral.com/pics/gallery/hoare/camp.jpg
http://penguincentral.com/pics/gallery/hoare/hoare1.jpg

It's a one-hour helo ride from McMurdo, one of several Field Camps in
the region.

(There are 20 times the number of people who go to/through the South
Pole each year than ever see the Dry Valleys, so that's not as
"unusual", I'd say, but it's a runner-up)

-ethan