[OT] Alternatives to eBay

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 09:39:19 CDT 2016

> > I haven't look at Craigslist much.  Isn't it more oriented to
> > geographically local sales?  Can you setup search alerts like on ebay?

Craigslist rocks, IMHO.  I agree that Ebay is draconian and over-corporate.
However, I also agree with others that I've found stuff on ebay I'd never
have had the opportunity to own otherwise.

Craigslist does have a feature where you can search in all cities.  I was
able to call and deal directly with a seller 2 hours South of me, once.
However, it is very "buy local" oriented.  Most sellers on Craigslist won't
hassle with you if you want it shipped.  They want you to come pick it up.
I guess if it was something you really wanted you could pay a courier to
pick it up.

It really depends on the type of gear you are looking for.

Thanks,
  Swift