cctalk Digest, Vol 22, Issue 20

Fred fred at MISER.MISERNET.NET
Thu Apr 21 08:50:21 CDT 2016

On Wed, 20 Apr 2016 cctalk-request at classiccmp.org wrote:

> Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 13:32:01 +0200
> From: Jonathan Katz <jon at jonworld.com>
> To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts"
> 	<cctalk at classiccmp.org>
> Subject: Re: strangest systems I've sent email from
>
> Using something like "dtmail" on a Sparc 10 in 2016 on a daily basis, or
> VMS MAIL on a MicroVax would be an anachronism equal to hooking up a KayPro
> luggable to an acoustic coupler over a cellular modem in the 1980s in the
> back of your A-Team van ;)

Hey, I use PINE on OpenVMS daily.  Sometimes I use good old MAIL if I'm
not reading mailing list digests.  (pine's viewer is easier to navigate
long digests).

I have MUSIC/SP running elsewhere (mainframe operating system) and I
really wish I could get that communicating to the outside world, but
despite on and off again attempts when I get the gumption to try some
folks and I just can't make it work.  That's why I want to get my own
(small, if there is such a thing) 390 so I can *really* play.

I also wouldn't mind a copy of PROFS, leaving out for the moment that it's
licensed and IBM would probably Never(tm) hobbyist license a copy.  One
can dream. ;)

Fred