strangest systems I've sent email from

Nico de Jong nico at farumdata.dk
Thu Apr 21 03:06:33 CDT 2016

----- Oprindelig meddelelse -----
Fra: "Swift Griggs" <swiftgriggs at gmail.com>
Til: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts"
<cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sendt: 20. april 2016 18:55
Emne: Re: strangest systems I've sent email from

> On Wed, 20 Apr 2016, Pontus Pihlgren wrote:
>> For remote mailing I prefer i vt terminal and a microwave link:
>> https://youtu.be/r6NuDcemRsM

For the danish cold-war museum, I'm presently setting up a telex system with
(at present) 3 or 4 Siemens T100 teleprinters (it can  support up to 16).
Apart from functioning as a 60's/70's telex exchange, it can send and
receive e-mails, and therefore we can in principle update e.g. our facebook
status.
The e-mail recipients are defined as a number on the exchange, and then this
number is connected to a table, where the e-mail address is defined.
When receiving, the e-mail is to be sent to the museum at the address
(example) telex at museum.dk. In the commentline,the text must be ZCZC
<telexnumber>
Works like a dream. An identical system is installed at the danish it museum
(www.ddhf.dk)
Theres is of course a limit : characters only, but special characters can be
translated on the fly

/Nico