Harris H800 Computer

Raymond Wiker rwiker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 01:07:39 CDT 2016

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 6:46 AM, Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 11:21:03PM -0500, Kyle Owen wrote:
> > I seem to have acquired a few boards from a decommissioned system.
>
> 74S00s, they were going for speed.
>
> The 2900s are the well-known bit-slice chips.
>
> All definitely the level of technology I cut my teeth on.

I was a bit surprised to see that it used 2901 with a date code of 1985 -
the 2901 was introduced 10 years before.

In the late 1970s, Norsk Data implemented the ND10 architecture with the
2901. It was thought that this would give a modest uplift over the previous
generation, and the planned name was ND10S. It turned out to be so fast
that Norsk Data gave it the name ND100 instead :-)