Vintage Computer Festivals???

Marvin Johnston marvin at west.net
Tue Apr 19 13:07:53 CDT 2016

From: Evan Koblentz <cctalk at snarc.net>

 > For VCF-West, I have a ridiculous amount of crap to dispose of

Looking forward to seeing you there. I encourage you to sell as much as
possible in consignment as long as it's on-topic. :)

**********
Evan,

One thing I ALWAYS looked forward to at the VCF shows was being able to
"get rid" of excess stuff by selling it. Another big benefit was the
socializing that always took place. Selling through a consignment table
removes most of the motivation for me to attend.

I have some friends here in SB who are planning on attending who want me
to go with them. One of them suggested putting in a Craigslist ad to
sell out of the van at the event or after hours :). Regardless, I have
mixed feelings about attending.

My current thought is to see about attending VCF Midwest since they
appear to be combining a flea market with exhibitors.

I'm not trying to change your mind, but I am trying to make clear my
reasons for attending this type of show.

Marvin