Vintage Computer Festivals???

Rod Smallwood rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Mon Apr 18 14:18:06 CDT 2016

On 18/04/2016 19:31, Fred Cisin wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Apr 2016, Guy Sotomayor wrote:
>> I understand the desire to having a separate vendor area so as to
>> keep the exhibit area a bit “neater” and more focused on demos rather
>> than selling/trading. It is a tradeoff and I agree it’s a choice that
>> folks have to make if they want to exhibit or vend (ie without a
>> number of folks it’s hard to “do both”).
>
> Howzbout: have the two areas contiguous, with some portions explicitly
> one or the other, and a middle area that is mixed? That allows for the
> people who have something to SHOW, AND have a workroom to clear out.
>

> For VCF-West, I have a ridiculous amount of crap to dispose of. Far
> too much to burden a consignment group.  Most of it would be very
> cheap, other than the need to make the expenses (direct and
> incidental) of the event.

For crying out loud guys. Its a hobby show!
Minimum organization maximum participation.
Book a bit of floor space.
Show, Sell, Show and Tell, What the hell!
Its what you _do_ not where you stand that counts.
We are trying to preserve technology that's disappearing faster than
morning mist in summer.
Focus on the main mission. Legal and Decent is all the control that's need.
Which is the better "It was a well run show" or "I saw a guy who rebuilt
an 029 card punch"

Rod Smallwood