Vintage Computer Festivals???

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 12:47:33 CDT 2016

Evan Koblentz wrote:

>>> No, if someone wants to have a new Festival in their area then *we
(Vintage Computer Federation) would run it* with local assistance.

---

The tone here seems awfully heavy-handed.

My personal opinion is that a singular entity running your festival
remotely- particularly with local folks doing most of the leg work- is of
dubious value. It will almost certainly limit the diversity and creative
charm of such events, if not now then in the future. And it's simply more
work for organizers to comply with...

*So Mike, to summarize-- go ahead and do your own show your own way*-- just
don't use Evan's fraternity letters if you do so. Or work with Evan to use
the name "Vintage Computer Festival," if you see your event's value as
contingent on that banner.

I think it's great that you want to start a vintage computing event in
Oklahoma, and would gladly toss you a small donation to help see it come to
fruition.

Cheers,

- Ian

--