A fruitfull evening

E. Groenenberg ed at groenenberg.net
Wed Apr 13 00:26:43 CDT 2016

On Tue, April 12, 2016 23:12, Paul Koning wrote:

>> On Apr 12, 2016, at 3:55 PM, E. Groenenberg <ed at groenenberg.net> wrote:
>> Closer inspection showed that the pawl of the advancing/return section
>> was barely moving. With the application of WD40 using a small brush
>> loosened the gummed up oil/grease and with some more cleaning and light
>> machine oil it was behaving as it should.
>
> Be sure to remove the WD40 thoroughly.  It's occasionally claimed to be a
> lubricant, but that is not true at all.  If you use it as one, you will
> end up with exactly the problem you ran into.
>
> 	paul

Yes, I was aware of that, after that part of the mechanism was loose
and been working for half an hour, I removed as much as possible using a
few tipped cotton buds and applied some light machine oil.
As the rest of the machine was working more or less fine, I greased and
oiled the other points as well.
Only the keyboard T levers needed some lubrication, as some of them
did not move freely. I used a little bit of silicone oil which I
applied with a very small brush and after a few movements their movements
was much better.

Ed
--
Ik email, dus ik besta.
BTC : 1J5fajt8ptyZ2V1YURj3YJZhe5j3fJVSHN