Voltage regulator with alternate voltage source...

Bill Sudbrink wh.sudbrink at verizon.net
Mon Apr 11 13:43:22 CDT 2016

Chris Elmquist wrote
> On Monday (04/11/2016 at 11:21AM -0400), Bill Sudbrink wrote:
> > Dwight wrote:
> > > How many pixels will the camera have?
> >
> > 1024.  The (at the time) secret sauce image sensor
> > is a Mostek MK4008-9.  32x32 pixel image.
>
> Which was a topless DRAM right?

Yes.  Dr. Garland and Dr. Walker have told me that they
"decapitated" them both mechanically (with a very sharp
chisel) and with heat (using a precise lab bench heat
plate).  I'm trying to decide which way to go myself.
I only have a few to "screw up".  I have a fairly high
quality Pace SensaTemp soldering iron that can reach the
required temperature (291 degrees C, I'm told).  I have
a large "mini-wave" tip that will hold a large drop of
solder.  I'm probably going to try that first.  Lightly
grip the chip in a small bench vice, mostly inverted.
Bring the soldering tip up from underneath and apply heat
until the cap shows motion, quickly remove the heat and
push the lid off with a piece of wire.

Bill