The Right Way to Email - was Re: C & undefined behaviour - was Re: tumble under BSD

Dale H. Cook radiotest at juno.com
Mon Apr 4 07:10:35 CDT 2016

On 4/3/2016 8:19 PM, Toby Thain wrote:

>If we're doing 'the right way to email' AGAIN, at least have the courtesy of changing THE SUBJECT LINE.

Please do not change the subject line - people who do so do not understand how email reflector programs work on email servers. All messages using the changed subject line will continue to be archived under the original subject line. If you look at the list archives you will see that the thread "tumble under BSD" has been hijacked several times, by people who have changed the subject line instead of stating a new thread., and all of those messages are archived as part of the thread "tumble under BSD."

The only correct way to change the subject on an email reflector is to start a new thread with an entirely new message.

Dale H. Cook, Contract IT Administrator, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
http://plymouthcolony.net/starcityeng/index.html