VR241 Substitute

Adrian Graham witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk
Sun Apr 3 13:59:02 CDT 2016

On 03/04/2016 19:51, "tony duell" <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>> I could do with getting hold of a VR241, but these seem to be pretty
>> unobtainable. So the alternative is to rig up an adapter of some kind to
>> work with a VGA LCD, which also saves on space. I came across the following:
>> http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?38450-VR241-substitute-for-Rainbow
>> -VT240-etc, has anyone else tried this with success?
>
> If it's any help, the VR241 is a (US) TV rate monitor with analogue RGB
> inputs. It can
> be switched between separate composite sync (on a 4th BNC socket) and sync-on-
> green, with the Rainbow, Pro 300 series and VT240 it is used in the latter
> mode. I would guess the DECmate also uses SOG.

Also also possibly any help - I used a VR241 monitor on an Amiga 500 for
years with a cable I knocked up out of a VAXstation monitor cable and a
23-pin clamshell which was almost unobtanium in those days, so if you have a
monitor that works with an A500 you stand a chance of getting it working
with other things.

--
Adrian/Witchy
Binary Dinosaurs creator/curator