Shipping big things across the atlantic.

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Fri Apr 1 07:32:58 CDT 2016

On 4/1/2016 2:48 AM, Pontus Pihlgren wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm considering to ship an empty full height rack from the USA to Sweden. It is
> definitely something I wont find here so it might be worth the cost and effort.
>
> What are my options to get it here safely? If you have any experience I would
> greatly appreciate if you could share them.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Pontus.

If you deliver to the port and pick up from the port, the moving cost
between points can be remarkably cheap for such moves.  I had a quote
from a point in the US to a port in Korea and also quote from a port
(Los Angeles) in the US to Korea and the difference was $3000 for the
moving of the item in the US.  Turned out that it was cheap for the
shipper to get the item to the port of LA and a lot of the $3000 was saved.

I think the item was larger than you had, but the shipping cost was in
the low hundreds for that portion of the shipping.

For your reference, someone may correct me if you can find an eastern
seaboard shipping point such as Boston, New York, etc. you should do
well.  Maybe Chicago as well, but not sure of the cost of seaborne
shipping from ports on the Great Lakes.  The cost of getting there is
probably more than Atlantic Ports.

Thanks
Jim