Ping to Tim Shoppa

Jerome H. Fine jhfinedp3k at compsys.to
Wed Sep 30 19:16:03 CDT 2015

 >Jerome H. Fine wrote:

> >Eric Christopherson wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 29, 2015, Jerome H. Fine wrote:
>>
>>> This post is for Tim Shoppa.
>>>
>>> This have seen your replies every so often on classiccmp, so you
>>> don't seem to be totally out of touch.
>>>
>>> If you are reading this, Alan Frisbie and I would appreciate
>>> some help.
>>>
>>> Allan can be reached at the address to which I sent a copy.
>>
>> If you CCed someone, that seems to have been stripped by the mailing
>> list.
>
> I sent an e-mail directly to Tim this morning.  I have seen
> replies from Tim in the past, so I know he must watch
> these posts.
>
> Has anyone located a PDF on the internet for the RT-11
> Release Notes from the V05.07 DOC set in October 1998?

On reading my reply again, I probably did not respond very accurately.

I  did NOT CC Tim Shoppa when I sent my second e-mail to
classiccmp SINCE, as I did state in my first response that I
had sent my initial request directly to Tim Shoppa at the last
e-mail address that I did have.

As to the real reason why I am clarifying, Tim Shoppa has already
responded and has sent a PDF file of the V05.07 Release Notes
to Al Kossow and myself.  Al Kossow may have already placed
the PDF file on the bitsavers archive.  However, at the trailing-edge
mirror, the new file is DEFINITELY already there!  Since some
individuals might have been following this thread rather than the
thread about PDF for RT-11 V05.07 Release Notes, I am
updating the information here as well.

All of the V05.06 RT-11  DOC set manuals are available at:
<>http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/pdp11/rt11/v5.6_Aug91/

EXCEPT for the V05.06 RT-11 System Release Notes manual,
ALL of the other manuals are IDENTICAL for the V05.07 RT-11
DOC set manuals.

The old and new PDF files, respectively, along with the links are:
AA-5286L-TC_RT-11_System_Release_Notes_Aug91.pdf
http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/pdp11/rt11/v5.6_Aug91/AA-5286L-TC_RT-11_System_Release_Notes_Aug91.pdf

AA-5286M-TC_RT-11_System_Release_Notes_Aug98.pdf
http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/pdp11/rt11/v5.7_Aug98/AA-5286L-TC_RT-11_System_Release_Notes_Aug98.pdf

A  BIG  THANK  YOU to Tim Shoppa for making this PDF available.

Jerome Fine