A new Lisp-based OS that hearkens back to the old days of comprehensible computers

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 10:02:37 CDT 2015

On 30 September 2015 at 16:55, Eric Christopherson
<echristopherson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The keyboard is one of these:
>>
>> http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/12269/LMT-68FX2-Keyboard-for-the-Spectrum/
>
> That's cool; but that is the strangest layout I've seen for arrow keys.

Yes, as I recall, it took a *lot* of getting used to, and never was great.

However, the keyboard was /massively/ better than the rubber-key
Spectrum, famously one of the worst keyboards ever made.

Which is why I'm mystified that people are now painstakingly
recreating the thing. You can buy a Bluetooth version now:

http://sinclair.recreatedzxspectrum.com/

And a cut-down miniaturised one with an ARM-based emulator inside:

http://retro-computers.co.uk/