Backups [was Re: Is tape dead?]

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Sep 25 21:28:28 CDT 2015

On 09/25/2015 07:04 PM, Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 06:55:02PM -0400, Sean Caron wrote:
>> since the old Quantum Bigfoot
>
> There's no need to swear :-)

I know it's strange, but I still have a couple of systems that
occasionally get used for some legacy bit of hardware or another and
they both use the BFs--one, a 8GB, and the other an 128GB, TX
series--both were purchased as factory refurbs.  I still have a couple
of the 4GB CY drives in my storage cabinet and, at last test a couple of
years ago, they worked fine.

The prize for swearing, IMOHO, goes to Kalok and JTS (particularly JTS)
drives...

--Chuck