Acquiring a bunch of Lisp Machines

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 12:54:16 CDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 7:44 AM, Guy Sotomayor <ggs at shiresoft.com> wrote:

> He's going to find it rough going in trying to get the machines running
> with new/empty disks.  :-(  It's one
> of the fears that I have for my 3620 and 3640's in that I'd like to have
> replacement disks but without the
> manufacturing mojo, there's no way to put Genera and the bootstrap and
> uCode on a blank disk.
>
> TTFN - Guy

A colleague of mine and I tested David Gesswein's MFM emulator (
http://www.pdp8.net/mfm/mfm.shtml) in his 3620; it was able to capture a
disk image from the 3620's MFM disk and successfully boot Genera from the
image.  So there is a solution, at least if you happen to have a system
using MFM disks.  (And an image or working disk to start from...)

Now, an ESDI emulator... that would be nice to have :).

- Josh