DDS SETASI SC44 info?

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 00:27:11 CDT 2015

On 9/24/15 9:58 AM, Sean Caron wrote:
> Nice score; the system looks pretty loaded!
Thanks!  It is pretty nice.  Just need to get a mass storage controller
of some kind and it'll make a nice system.

> I checked out the pictures and
> I believe the "SC44" board is indeed simply a cache memory ... no VLSI or
> bit-slices on there to imply any compute capability. The "1501" board is
> just a little stub with a few bus driver ICs on it; looks like they are
> running lines from the private interconnect ribbon cable, back to the
> Unibus.
Yeah, that's about what I figured from looking at it, just curious if
anyone had docs secreted away just in case I need to service it or if I
ever want to know what those dip switches are for :).

Definitely going to have to see what performance difference the SC44
makes over a normal /44; there's one at work I've been using so I'll
have to craft up some benchmarks once I get mine running...

Thanks,
Josh