Regarding Manuals

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Thu Sep 24 17:04:28 CDT 2015

On 9/24/15 7:11 AM, Jerome H. Fine wrote:

> While I understand that a number of individuals would appreciate
> their own dead tree versions, before they arrive at that good
> home of an interested individual, would there be any interest
> in adding them the bitsavers archive?  From memory, I suspect
> that there is:

I've been holding off on any additional PDP-11 scanning to see what Alan Frisbie ends up taking care of.

The one exception is an RSX-11M 4.0 manual set, which I'm currently experimenting on trying to get
decent quality reasonably small sized pdfs with colored text. There are some manuals, like the DEC
FORTRAN reference, that really need preservation in color.

I'm getting reasonable results with 4bpp indexed color .pngs