Sheet Metal Fabrication Options?

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Mon Sep 21 17:16:46 CDT 2015

I don't know the size and curvature of the area to be treated but I would
maybe try just doing like the auto body guys do and sand down with some
fine grit sandpaper, maybe treat with a corrosion inhibitor, degrease and
then repaint. Seems like hand sanding would have less overhead in
equipment; be less expensive; easier to get started and may give a little
better "feel" for the job, versus a blasting booth ... I think with decent
technique you can get a very nice finish just hand sanding and using spray
paint.

Best,

Sean