IBM 026

Able Baker misc4email at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 19 20:02:04 CDT 2015

Hasta La Pastato a bunch of Intolerants
      From: Jay West <jwest at classiccmp.org>
 To: 'General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts' <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
 Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2015 7:41 PM
 Subject: RE: IBM 026

Marc wrote...
----
Well, hopefully this community is about celebrating people that have an
interest in saving old valuable hardware. Not bullying them.
----
Ditto. Offlist email sent.

----
Saving substantial hardware involves a substantial personal investment in
time and money. So, Todd, well done, congratulations on your buy, and thanks
for taking care of a rare 026. And if you need any tips for restoration I
would be happy to help (I have an 026 and an 029, both fully functional
now).
----
Agreed. I've always half-way wanted a 026, and I have no doubt that $899 is
a reasonable price (for me). The only thing stopping me is no system to hook
it up to. But then, there's always the classiccmp "law of attraction" ;)