internet blocking problem ?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Sep 11 09:42:08 CDT 2015

    > From: Don North

    > Basically see no problems accessing any of the pages on sites.
    > 12:  be2019.ccr21.lax04.atlas.cogentco.com 22.400ms asymm  8
    > 13:  no reply
    > 14:  no reply
    > 15:  ae0.cr1.mel4.on.ii.net 217.966ms asymm 19

Oh, that's really interesting. A bunch of us get as far as Cogentco, and then
it stops working. But you get through... which implies that the _route_ in
Cogentco to Ii.net is OK. Which in turn implies that it's Ii.net who are
blocking (via packet drop, I assume), based on the IP _source_ address.

So it sounds like the earlier post (too lazy to track it down) which says
this is Ii.net responding to complaints from others (since they haven't
blocked access to _all_ of ii.net, just that 'members' site) is right.

	Noel