Problem with RF73 DSSI disk

Peter Coghlan cctalk at beyondthepale.ie
Fri Sep 4 04:09:06 CDT 2015

Holm Tiffe wrote:

> Hmm.. I see, I must be the only one that has ever seen a DSSI disk...

I have a MicroVAX 4000/100A with two DSSI disks that slowly died one after the
other, not long after I got it.  From the errors they logged and the clunking
and rattling noises they started making, it seems clear they have media issues
similar to a number of RZ26 SCSI disks that I have also had problems with.

> Thanks to all that haven't answered.

I enquired about finding replacements for mine on the list some time ago but
there wasn't much response either.  I think it is more likely that there is
not much interest or knowledge of DSSI on the list, not that people are
withholding information for some reason.

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.